Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Classroom pics!

The Magician came through! Check out the classroom! Desks! Chairs! Whiteboard! Lockers! Nary a stray shelf in sight!

As you can see, it could be a classroom pretty much anywhere, though note the huge A/C vents above the board and the very, very small windows. The cushions in the library nook are courtesy another teacher, but are so comfy I may get some for my apartment.

I feel landed and--best of all--cheered at the prospect of being a lot less control freaky cause clearly the whole world didn't collapse when I stopped stressing about it.

Computer update: Sigh. The word now is "as soon as we get it." I accepted a loaner from the students cart after refusing one for days--somehow thinking if I didn't have one that my own would magically appear? Zen masters of letting go accept loaners...

5 comments:

Nate said...

So excited for you! I am glad to see you are letting go of some control! I have similar anxieties. However, it feels great when we let go! Keep it up! Miss you already!

MB said...

Wow! It is always nice to know that you can let go and things will still happen. I definitely need that lesson. I am also so glad to see another teacher who likes to have posters not all straight.

Becca said...

Classroom looks fabulous! Way to go! You are much farther along than I was last year at this time. Miss you!!

Kelly Barlow said...

Your classroom looks great! So glad to be able to keep up with your life...and p.s. I just put those same 6+1 writing traits posters up on my classroom walls too :)

dawn said...

There you are in your cute classroom. I kind of still picture you around the corner in a 5th grade classroom at Bayview. Oh, I had to make a 5th grader dry it up after a tantrum-like moment of drama the other day. They continue to surprise me how much like 2 year olds they are.