
It rained today and the temperature dropped to 78 degrees. Does global warming elsewhere mean global moistening here? People were alternately shocked and gleeful. K and I were drenched on the way to school because we thought the storm clouds couldn't possibly mean, well, a storm. It poured for 20 minutes, then the sun came out again. But not before thunder boomed, kids splashed in the courtyard outside and various city blocks shorted out because the infrastructure isn't built to tolerate the wet.
And you think Californians can't drive in the rain...
It was cool to see water fall from the sky again. And also cool when it stopped, though I was among the few to think so. I'm teaching at the only school on the planet where kids look forward to rainy days...
1 comment:
I remember getting excited in Carp when it rained!:) I remember at Canalino they used to call a "rainy day schedule" even if it was only an overcast day... just in case.:)
Post a Comment